Well, we just completed another week of Noah being sick. He just finished the antibiotic from his ear infection on Tuesday. Brad took him to the doctor on Wednesday so she could check his ears and give him his flu booster. He was doing great, Brad said Noah didn't even cry when he got his shot. However, later that evening I noticed he sounded a little congested. Thursday morning he woke up with a barking cough. I was hoping it would go away on its own, but unfortunately it didn't. By the time we made it to the doctor Friday (just two days later) he sounded so bad, the other people were looking at us in the waiting room. He rattled when he breathed in. It didn't seem to slow him down though. I couldn't hold on to him in waiting or exam rooms. He was upset with me because I wouldn't let him pull out all the gloves in a drawer he managed to open. Anyway, they did a pulse ox on him and it was 96. I know being in the 90's is good, but I would have been more comfortable with it being like 98-99. The doctor was a little concerned and decided to give him a steroid shot. It seems that he caught a croup virus going around ( probably on Wednesday while he was there). He told me to keep an eye on him and if it seemed worse while he was sleeping that we would need to go to the hospital for a breating treatment. Needless to say that freaked me out and I didn't get much sleep that night. Noah did though and he seems to be doing much better. I am ready for all this sickness to be over, but I have a feeling it is really just beginning!
Saturday, I taught Saturday School, so Noah got to spend some time at my friend Debbie's house. Debbie has been a good friend of mine since we moved down here. She has been the only other person to regularly watch Noah outside of daycare and she loves to spoil him too. He had alot of fun "exploring" her house and watching Sesame Street. He came home worn out from the excitement and with a new toy lawn mower. He has been playing with the lawn mower nonstop ever since. I tried my best to get some pictures of him with it, but it is really hard to get a good shot since he is always moving.


Today, we were listening to some kids videos on TV. Noah really likes to dance to the music. He was doing it alot more before I thought to get out the camera, but I got a little of it anyway.
17 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment